Cherries Jubilant or Cherries Parfait
Cherries jubilant parfait and cobbler with sweet cashew cream.
Cherries Jubilant Parfait with Sweet Cashew Cream
or just the Cherries Jubilant Sauce over ice cream!
Serves 4 – 6
# 3 cups (30 ounces) frozen cherries, thawed and drained (reserve juice)
# 1/4 cup pitted dates
# 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Sweet Cashew Cream
# 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water to cover, for 2-3 hours, and rinsed
# 1/2 cup water
# 1/2 cup agave nectar
# 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
To prepare as a Cherries Jubilant Sauce or Parfait
1. Blend 1 cup of the cherries with all the dates and lemon juice. Stir the mixture into the remaining cherries.
2. To make the Sweet Cashew Cream, blend all ingredients in a blender and refrigerate until serving.
3. To assemble as a Cherries Jubilant Parfait, place 2 tablespoons of the Sweet Cashew Cream in the bottom of a wine glass or other parfait glass, and top with 3 tablespoons of the Cherries Jubilant Sauce. Repeat, adding another 2 tablespoons of the Sweet Cashew Cream and another 3 Tablespoons of the Cherries Jubilant.
To prepare as a Cobbler with Sweet Cashew Cream
1. Make the nut crumble by processing the almonds, walnuts, and Brazil nuts in a food processor outfitted with the “S” blade, until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Separate the dates and distribute them evenly over the nuts. Process again until the mixture just begins to stick together. Do not over process.
2. Follow directions for step 1 and 2 of Cherries Jubilant Parfait, above.
3. To assemble the cobbler, place the Cherries Jubilant in a shallow glass baking dish and press the nut crumble lightly on top.
4. Serve immediately at room temperature or chilled, with a scoop of cobbler Sweet Cashew Cream. Will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
From Cherie Soria’s book The Raw Food Diet Revolution seen on View on The Bay